Elementary Library Technology Integration

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Introduction and about me

A young woman working towards a Library Degree, I currently work in the central office of the school district’s Library Services. My main duties are cataloging, managing the processing department, and giving technical assistance to all our library automation software users throughout the district. I also maintain our Union Server.

Even though I had graduated high school before ever going on the Internet, I’ve stayed abreast of all things technological and am more of a digital “native” than most of the people around me. I help out with all things technological in the library.

I also support the Elementary Library Coordinator, and we have several professional development workshops during the year that I actively teach in.

This blog will be mainly for integrating new technology ideas into the curriculum of our district. Since this is an experimental phase, some of the ideas presented will naturally be better than others. I encourage feedback of all kinds, whether simply commenting to say hi, or asking questions, voicing concerns, or giving suggestions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home